Donal Skehan’s simple and delicious recipe, chicken stir fry recipe – with a tangy twist.
Sticky Orange Chicken Stir Fry
A great weeknight stir-fry option that allows you to pack in the vegetables. The sweet, sticky orange sauce that is used to finish this dish also works really well with chicken, pork or tofu.
• medium bowl,
• small bowl,
• large wok
Hand on time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
What you need:
• 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
• Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
• 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut in bite-sized pieces
• 1–2 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 100g sugarsnap peas
• 100g tenderstem broccoli
• 2 carrots, julienned
• 100g salted peanuts, to garnish
For the sauce
• Juice of ½ orange
• 3 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp dark brown sugar
• 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1. Put the garlic, ginger, chilli, five-spice and sesame oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken pieces and mix through until completely coated, then set aside.
2. Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
3. Place a large wok over a high heat and add the sunflower oil. When it reaches smoking point, add the chicken and fry until it has a golden brown colour and is cooked through.
Recipe extracted from Donal’s Meals in Minutes by Donal Skehan, Hodder & Stoughton, £25 © Donal Skehan 2018
Don't miss a thing, register to our newsletter!
On this website we use first or third-party tools that store small files (cookie) on your device. Cookies are normally used to allow the site to run properly (technical cookies), to generate navigation usage reports (statistics cookies) and to suitable advertise our services/products (profiling cookies). We can directly use technical cookies, but you have the right to choose whether or not to enable statistical and profiling cookies. Enabling these cookies, you help us to offer you a better experience.