Make with Friday night easy with Donal Skehan’s simple and delicious everyday recipes.
Parsley Cream Cod with Spring Veg
This is one-pan dish is all about clean spring flavours, using a simple method that works with any white fish like hake or haddock. If you are prepping meals in advance you can speed this recipe up significantly by using pre-cooked baby potatoes, which keep well in the fridge in an airtight container.
• large sauté pan with lid
• slotted spoon
Hands on time 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
What you need:
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 banana shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 courgette, cut into thin batons
• 175ml white wine
• 200ml vegetable stock
• 150g baby potatoes, halved
• 75ml double cream
• 12 asparagus spears
• 120g frozen peas
• 4 cod fillets, about 175g each
• Sea salt and black pepper
• Lemon wedges and chopped
• flat-leaf parsley, to serve
How to do it:
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and gently fry the shallot over a medium heat for 4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and courgettes, increase the heat and fry until the courgettes start to take on some colour. Transfer the contents of the pan to a plate and set aside.
2. Add the wine to the pan and bubble away until reduced by half, then add the stock and potatoes. Season well, cover and simmer for 8–10 minutes.
3. Stir in the cream then return the courgettes, shallot and garlic back to the pan. Stir in the asparagus and peas then nestle the cod fillets into the pan. Cover with a lid and cook for 4–5 minutes until the cod is just cooked through and the asparagus is tender.
4. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a scattering of parsley.
Recipe extracted from Donal’s Meals in Minutes by Donal Skehan, Hodder & Stoughton, £25 © Donal Skehan 2018
Don't miss a thing, register to our newsletter!
On this website we use first or third-party tools that store small files (cookie) on your device. Cookies are normally used to allow the site to run properly (technical cookies), to generate navigation usage reports (statistics cookies) and to suitable advertise our services/products (profiling cookies). We can directly use technical cookies, but you have the right to choose whether or not to enable statistical and profiling cookies. Enabling these cookies, you help us to offer you a better experience.